Monday, August 25, 2008

OTD and paint

This youngest, soon to be middle child of mine keeps me on my toes! Yesterday I was trying to paint some outside window frames. I gave OTD his own paint brush and let him walk around with that while i got busy working. I kept the paint held high so he couldn't get into it. I set the paint on the window ledge for just a second to give my hand a rest and the next thing I know he has put his finger in the paint and then into his mouth in one swift move. I wiped his fingers and mouth off and then started putting everything up. Tom comes from the backyard and starts telling me how bad paint is for you...I mean, I know it isn't good for you, but would a little taste really hurt?? I went in got some paper towels and really start "cleaning" the inside of his mouth. OTD thinks this is really fun, by the way.

Anyways, Tom freaks me out a little so I read the back of the can to see what it says about swallowing paint. Sure enough it tells you to call the ER, your doctor, or poison control. So I started with calling work and seeing what Dr was there and if they were busy. Of course they were busy, so i called poison control. I'm sure they keep a record off all the calls they get. I mean do i really have to leave my name! Long story short, latex paint isn't all that bad for you...may have a tummy ache.

Of course the tummy ache came at bedtime...it was a long night!

No comments: