Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garden beauties

The garden is finally coming in! Here are a few of our garden beauties We tried onion this year. Pretty good for our first try.


It seems like every year something does REALLY good in the garden. This year it is eggplant. I have put up 6 8X8 pans of eggplant parmigiana and made a few pans for dinner. We have fried it, grilled and even tried pickling it...i'll let you know how that taste. Okra is also doing really good. It is the smallest plants I have ever seen, but we could eat it everyday. Cucumbers have been good this year too. Last year they were really bitter, but this year they have been great. The tomatoes are just starting to come in... I can't wait :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I made the farmer baby my screen saver over at ITM - just a purely happy face - gotta love it.